Talking Anxiety

Happy Sunday!

Today as I type, it's trying to snow outside (still!), we've got a stew slowly cooking on the hob, and cups of coffee all round. Perfect Sunday before it's back to the grind tomorrow.

And this week I'm talking about something a little different than usual; I'm going to write about something slightly personal...

I have been blogging for a few months now, and while the main content of my blog was always going to be fashion - whether that be high street or petite-specific to speak out to girls like me that sometimes struggle finding clothes to fit properly! And so far, I have kept to that. I may not have blogged consistently every day or every week, and I may not have a tonne of followers, but I have stuck to my main passion.

The truth is, it is difficult to post 24/7 when you work full time - I can't sit on my phone tweeting while I'm at work, and I can't take all the photos I want to because it is dark by the time I get home. I am committed to blogging, yes, but I still haven't found my groove just yet, I'm still learning!

One of the main reasons for starting this blog was, as I have seen is the case for many bloggers, a way to tackle my anxiety. People kept telling me I should start a fashion blog; I have always had a love for writing, and I have a huge love for fashion and clothes (not so great for my bank balance). But I didn't have the courage. Anyone who suffers from anxiety knows that with any decision comes a mountain of questions; What if no one likes it? What if I'm not good enough? What if no one follows the blog?

One day, and I couldn't even tell you how or why, I just decided that enough was enough, and I was going to set up this blog whether my anxiety liked it or not. And here I am, a few months down the line, trying my best.

I am not really sure what the main story of this post is; I suppose I just wanted to put it out there that I too have anxiety, but I am not letting it beat me, and that I am using it to push myself harder, and that is where A Little Fashion blog came from!

Of course, I had to add a little fashion into this post, so as it's a Sunday, I've included my favourite go-to Sunday strolling outfit below - the jumper is a Chambray Crew Neck piece from Next's Loungewear collection. It does have a matching pair of Chambray joggers but these were out of my size when I ordered this! It's the comfiest jumper, and although it's designed for lounging round the house in, I love to throw it with a pair of jeans for out and about.

The handbag is from The Cambridge Satchel Company, and is from one of their 2015 collections, but I absolutely love it. With spring 'supposedly' around the corner, I love the pop of colour it adds to brighten up an outfit in this dull weather!


Jumper - Next Loungewear
Jeans - Asos
Bag - The Cambridge Satchel Company

2 comments

  1. You are so pretty! and can I just say, I've never agreed more with a blog post, it's definitely over-saturated now and hard working full-time - especially with the daylight! Keep going :) xx

    Hannah x | www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the loveliest comment! Thank you :) xx

      Delete

Back to Top